This hobby website is provided by me as a private individual, intended for use by and enjoyment of other amateur radio and photography hobbyists. You can contact me by email.
Purpose and basis of any personal data processing on this website
Any personal information collected on this website is for the legitimate interests involved in operating it, its security and maintenance, together with any services requested by the site visitor.
Personal data collection on this website
- This entire site is provided and hosted by WordPress.com; I simply add my words and pictures to create my site content
- You may be able to limit what information Wordpress.com collects, and their placement of cookies, by using controls provided within your web browser but please note that the site may not work as intended
- The site content created by me does not collect personal information unless you choose to contact me
- The site content created by me does not use automated profiling nor automated decision making
Use of the Contact Me form
- You send information to me as a private individual.
- The form will from 24 May 2018 send to a Gmail account set up for this site so that correspondence is kept separate from other email, and will be stored from time to time on my private IT systems and devices
- I keep such personal information for so long as I consider it reasonably necessary to administer the site, answer user questions, maintain reasonable records or as required by law
- I do not sell, lease or distribute any information you give on the contact form, it is used to answer your contact request only, unless you ask me, or consent for me, to do otherwise in connection with your contact request, or if required by law
Your rights under the GDPR
You have various legal rights under the GDPR:
- Of access – you can ask to see the personal information held
- To rectification – any mistakes in the personal information held must be rectified or completed
- To erasure – under certain circumstances to have personal data held deleted
- To restrict processing – under certain circumstances to have processing of any held personal data restricted
- To data portability – a copy of your data for use on other services
- To object – in certain circumstances you can ask for processing of your personal information to stop
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling – you have certain rights if this is being performed
Subject to the exceptions permitted in law I can do the above from my own IT systems and any cloud accounts that I use. However, since I have no access to, nor control over, other third party servers that may be used I’m afraid it will probably be impractical for me as a private individual to do so on those.
Links to other sites
This website may include links to other websites, and WordPress.com provide social networking sharing buttons. I have no control over these websites or buttons so you should take care with releasing any personal information to those sites, which will of course be subject to their own privacy policies. I cannot accept any responsibility for your use of those sites, links or sharing buttons, which you access or use entirely at your own risk.
If you have any concerns about this site and how it uses personal information please contact me and I will try to answer your query.
If you wish to make a complaint to the UK Information Commissioner about any aspect of this site or the WordPress.com services you can do so at https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/raising-concerns/
Page updated 24 & 27 May 2018